lf2

Reply To: Types of psychopaths

Madelaine
Participant

Sunnygal, I WISH that had been my experience. I think part of the problem was that Sociopath 1 was my line manager and I stumbled across some very fraudulent (illegal) things she was doing. Line manager vs employee is no match. Also, this was/is a VERY dysfunctional workplace where you pretty much have to be a sociopath to survive. The reason why my line manager was “made redundant” (aka fired) was not because she committed fraud, but because the media started poking around and the organization needed to distance themselves from her in case the story got out.

The only good that come out of this was that I got to see a sociopath at work and I read up about it to try to understand what was happening to me. It meant that this time it [only] took me 3 months to figure out that Sociopath 2 was a sociopath. It had taken me 2 years to figure out that Sociopath 1 was telling everyone I was an incompetent mental case behind my back.

This time with S2 I’m glad I got out when I did, although I still got the full Sociopath treatment on my way out. The boss on this project was really volatile and he has several guns. One day Sociopath 2 is going to push him too far. I must admit that I turn on the news every night half expecting to hear of a murder-suicide or a Waco siege type thing with those two.

Send this to a friend