lf2

Reply To: I can never forgive some people

Jan7
Participant

Your Welcome Synergy. This is what is so great about Lovefraud and the internet. We can ask questions & learn so much from each other. I always say that the sociopaths of the world never counted on the victims of sociopaths coming together to lift each other back up.

I’m not religious but I just googled “bible quotes keep the devil out of your life” and these quotes came up with an explanation:

“Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”

Another way to defeat the enemy is stated clearly in this verse. We must put on the spiritual armor that God has given us in order to withstand the schemes of the devil.

This special armor includes the helmet of Salvation, the breastplate of Righteousness, the belt of Truth, the shoes of the Gospel of Peace, the sword of the Spirit, and the shield of Faith. The apostle Paul goes on to explain that we are not fighting flesh and blood, but rather our warfare is against rulers and authorities and spiritual forces of evil. But with these weapons at hand and by putting them into practice, we can ward off the devil.

Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”

An important way of warding off the enemy is by focusing our thoughts on things that are true and holy, like it says in this verse. In our new covenant with God, it is no longer just about our actions, but now our thought patterns are also important.

Satan often attacks us through our thoughts, so when we keep those pure then he cannot get a foothold. Hanging out with good friends and family that uphold godly characteristics and attitudes is also important in defeating the devil’s schemes.

2 Timothy 2:26 “”¦and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.”

All of us that follow Jesus are called to a higher standard of living and thought patterns. So the enemy is always trying to lie, kill and destroy us by whatever means he can. If he can tempt us in some way, or lead us into sin, he will do just that.

In this passage, the apostle Paul is reminding young Timothy how a Christian leader should be by writing,

“And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth”¦ (2 Timothy 2:24-25). When we do things God’s way, then we can escape the devil’s snares and ward him off.

James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”..”

Send this to a friend