lf2

Reply To: I can never forgive some people

Jan7
Participant

part 2:

James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

This is one of the most famous passages on fighting off the devil, because it clearly states that what we must do is submit ourselves totally to God and resist the devil. When we obey the Lord, and follow his will, then the devil will flee from us. We need to develop our character to be more Christ-like as well, and this will empower us in our attempts to defeat Satan’s attacks. This is exactly what Jesus did in the desert, as he resisted the devil’s temptations until he departed from him.

Bible Verses To Ward Off The Devil
I Peter 5:8 “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”

The apostle Peter also has some powerful thoughts to share on this topic. His advice is that we should always be attentive and watchful to the wiles of the enemy.

Satan is like a roaring lion seeking to devour us, so we must be alert and sober-minded at all times. This means that we cannot let down our guard, but rather we need to stay away from anything that might alter our mind or attitude.

This could include drugs or alcohol, but most certainly it pertains to faulty thought patterns. Peter points out that the devil is our adversary not a friend. Whenever we are tempted to disobey God, we need to realize that it is a trap to hurt or even destroy us.

CONCLUSION:

As Christians we need to follow the example set by Jesus, and shut the door on any traps or attempts to ensnare us by the enemy. He only wants our destruction.

Fortunately, the Lord wants to protect us and bless us, so he has given us the tools we need to combat the devil’s schemes. Living a life of obedience and godly character will truly help us in waging war against the enemy.

Speaking and praying Scriptures in order to rebuke Satan is also an example that Jesus gave, and I believe that it is a powerful way to ward off the devil as well. Lastly, keeping our minds pure and associating with others that are likeminded will also help us live lives that are honoring to God.

Written by Karla Hawkins

Send this to a friend