lf2

Reply To: Do I sacrifice my 15 year old son whose father is a sociopath to save my family?

Stargazer
Participant

I don’t know. I don’t understand it either. It unfair and it’s tragic. I wonder sometimes about the state of the world where there is so much evil and so many who don’t see it.

I can’t even imagine what it’s like as a mother to have your son torn away from you like this and have to worry about the safety of your children. It seems it happens so much more than I would have imagined. I have a friend whose 19 year-old son was bipolar and just committed suicide. There were no signs; he came from a loving family and was a promising dancer. He was very close to his mom (my friend). She is so grief stricken, she can hardly get out of bed after about 8 months. I have another friend who just today told me her son just got married and had a child, but for whatever reason the wife has brainwashed him against his parents to the point where he actually sent them divorce papers. She is in incredible grief. She and her husband just put him through college, paid for his wedding, and even paid for his fiance’s ring! They are truly loving parents, so it’s hard to understand.

It’s a mixed blessing for me to have no kids. On the one hand I will never know what you are going through. On the other hand, I will never have to go through anything like it. OMG, I was a mess when I lost my cats all those years ago. I cannot even imagine any kind of loss of a child.

I wish you some kind of peace in your life bradysmom, but I have no road map to offer for how to get there. Sometimes life just sucks, and still you have to get up in the morning and take care of business. You can still have a profound effect on your children, even your 16 year-old son that you don’t see. You are more powerful in their lives than you know. It is the sociopath who is the weak one. He only knows power through control. He will never know power through love. Eventually, anyone close to him will see through the mask.

Send this to a friend