REGISTER | LOGIN

Reply To: I'm still in denial

Stargazer
Participant

Dear fairynurse, I believe I could have written your post myself all those years ago. I felt exactly the same as you. I felt like I was hit by a mack truck. Then it backed up and ran me over again and left me writhing in the street. When your ex told you that people weren’t what you perceive them to be, of course, he was talking about himself. Sociopaths imagine others are as nasty and evil as they are. They do not understand honesty and true kindness.

It’s good that you found out what he is, so it will help you to stay away. And yes, it’s devastating and eye opening to see that there are people like this in the world. When you get involved with one, it can feel like you are run over like a mack truck that backs up and runs you over again and leaves you writhing in the street. The state they leave you in can feel very dark and deeply depressing, much worse than a normal break-up. It really helped me to get energy work and seek spiritual help. Even prayer helped. So sorry for what you are going through. Believe it or not, going through it will make you stronger.

Blessings,

Star

Send this to a friend