lf2

Reply To: Have I been living in a lie for 8 years?

resilient85
Participant

How awful! I’m so sorry that you are going through this too! When I found out, I felt like the floor had fallen out from under me. The shock and devastation is immeasurable to a lot of things that have happened in my life. I found out on 10/16/17. I texted him that I knew and demanded answers. I still have not heard from him. Also, it’s “like we never existed.” I still have bouts of crying and anger. I know it’s going to take a while to get through this. I know that I will though, and so will you! It may not feel that way now. This is something that you will probably need to take one day or one moment at a time. Remember to breathe! Get out all your crying and anger. You need to do so to start healing. I see a therapist once a week who is helping me to process this. I recommend it! I keep praying to God A LOT for his help! I have been spending a lot of time with my friends who have been most supportive; talking with them is therapeutic. And this website is filled with so many helpful resources. I even called Donna Andersen, the founder. I spoke with her for an hour. She was so helpful in guiding me with her knowledge. Unfortunately, so many of us have become members of this club. Thankfully, we can help each other. I pray you can find peace!

Send this to a friend