Reply To: Financial abuse, charges and bad checks



If he owes you money and attempted to pay you with bad checks, you can at least take him to small claims court. You’re only out of the cost of filing the papers. There are also prepaid legal services where an attorney will file papers for you and defend you free of charge. That makes it even easier. Since you know you won’t get any money out of him, you need to ask yourself if it’s worth the time and trouble and possible retaliation on his part. But do what your conscience tells you. Sometimes the small victories against sociopaths can be validating and empowering. Also, if you win your case, you can garnish wages and bank accounts, so you could possibly see your money again.

Send this to a friend