REGISTER | LOGIN

Reply To: Victim of a Female Sociopath

alteredreality
Participant

Thank you very much for all the posts and well wishes, along with suggestions of how to cope. I sincerely appreciate all the help and kind words. I’m sorry that so many of you have also had to deal with what I’m going through.

My 10 days of no contact will officially end in the morning when I take my daughter to school. All these days have been a mixed bag. Some were decent and I forced myself to be productive, but others it was all I could do to get out of bed and always seemed to forget to eat. I take very good care of myself as far as looks and physical conditioning go (I hope that doesn’t come off as conceited) but I haven’t felt like doing any of it over the last two weeks.

I just want these feelings to be gone. I’ve read, researched, watched, and absorbed more than I care to admit in the last two weeks, but of course it doesn’t mean much if I can’t get her out of my head. I’ve never taken drugs (not even weed) in my 42 years, and rarely ever drank alcohol, so I had no idea what its like to fight addiction. I’m coming to grips with the fact that I loved a fictional character, but that isn’t helping one bit with the addiction. She is all I think about and it’s destroying who I am as a person.

I’m afraid tomorrow will just set me back to day 1 and the feeling of being discarded again. Ugh….

Send this to a friend