lf2

Reply To: Recovery after 5 years…..

end1213
Participant

Thank you Donna,

Yes I am no longer in contact with him. I think the reason I am having difficulties is because I am only really realizing that he is a N. I didn’t talk to him for over a year and even then it was always very short or I wouldn’t even respond at all. I got sucked in because he reached out and apologized, said he was a changed man, that he was a father, and after having his daughter realized the changes he needed to make and was truly sorry for the pain he caused. At first I responded and listened but it didn’t take long to see that he really hadn’t changed and he started to go on tangents that were all too familiar. I realized that he still was the same person and he was trying to manipulate me again. What prompted me to finally stop was the denial of certain things in our relationship. Denying of abuse or crazy behaviors he had. I just realized that we will never be friends and the thought that he would even think we could also shows the level of manipulation. I am on the path of healing now and I think coming to this website is a great step. I found it hard to talk to people about my situation because unless you have been in the situation, people find it very hard to understand why you stayed and why you endured it for so long. So for 5 years I said nothing and kept my mouth shut but doing so I never allowed real healing to take place.

Send this to a friend