REGISTER | LOGIN

Reply To: Recovery: pressure to date

Sellenna
Participant

Brava, Thirdtimelucky. I totally agree with you. “How dare you protect yourself!”

I just tell them the truth: that I don’t formally date because I had horrible experiences with dating sites. I’m not against romance itself. I don’t hate men. I’m just trying to be safe.

I still lead an active social life anyway, since there are many other ways to meet men – and other people – besides dating sites.

They usually seem to back down, or accept this; though I don’t know how a lot of these people really feel about me. I have definitely come across people that I know think I’m a loser or a f#$up for not having a man, but I don’t associate with those types.

Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of people in this world that are threatened by anyone that dares to think for themselves and not blindly follow rules.

In my experience, many narcissists and sociopaths are very good at getting these types of people to side with them and gang up on their victims.

One thing that really helps me is not giving a crap what any sociopath or follower of theirs think of me.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  Sellenna.

Send this to a friend