lf2

Reply To: Were they sociopaths?Should I be afraid?

marinapearl
Participant

I don’t know enough about sociopaths or narcissists, but I know a lot about energy vampires, and it sounds like one or both of this couple could be energy vampires. Recall how you felt when you were around them. Did you feel calm, relaxed, happy? Or did they make you feel uneasy, stressed, and exhausted? Energy vampires are not literal vampires, but they WILL suck the life out of you. Because they have no sense of self-worth, they must get it from others, so they feed off other people and take what they want in order to feel good about themselves. They do not care about your feelings. Ever. It is all about them.

Of course, this couple could be a pair of manipulative sadists. There’s no way to know what they are for sure. But it’s pretty clear that they don’t care about you, and the best thing for your mental, emotional, and physical health is to stay away from them. If you can’t literally get away, because one of them is your boss, then the best thing to do is what is called “going greyrock”. It’s basically not showing any emotion with them, or sharing anything about your life, or having any reaction to them in any way. Essentially you make yourself as responsive as a rock. If they see that nothing they do has any effect on you, you hopefully will become boring to them, and they’ll move on to someone they CAN get a reaction out of. These people crave attention. They feed off of it. So don’t give it to them.

Send this to a friend