lf2

Reply To: Were they sociopaths?Should I be afraid?

marinapearl
Participant

I know what you mean about feeling drained! It was the same with my ex-fiancé. I lost all interest in my hobbies, and all the things that made me happy. I love to draw, and during the whole time I was with him, I never once put a pencil to paper. I just felt exhausted all the time and I couldn’t figure out why. Finally I realized it was because I was spending all my time and energy making HIM happy, and bolstering his fragile ego, and trying to prevent his all-too-common meltdowns. Ugh, WHY do we do it? Why do we sacrifice our own happiness for these crapweasels??

Even now, I find it hard to muster up interest in any of the things I used to love. But it’s so important that we find a way to get that back. Start out with small things. MAKE yourself drink that leisurely cup of coffee on Sunday morning. Write SOMETHING, even if it’s just a few sentences in a journal. For me, I love the beach. Even when I’m feeling terrible, just standing barefoot on the shore makes me feel better. Do what makes you happy.

As far as greyrocking goes, yeah it will be hard. It’s hard NOT to show how these people have gotten to you, because you want them to feel accountable for how they treated you. But they never will. They WANT to see how they’ve gotten to you, because that’s how they get their power. So don’t give it to them. Be a robot. Or a Borg. Make sure they know their attempts are futile.

Send this to a friend