REGISTER | LOGIN

Reply To: Is it normal to still be crying every day?

allison123
Participant

Marinapearl, I’m in the same boat as you. I’m 2 months into the breakup. I made the mistake of meeting up with my ex a week ago to “talk through the breakup”, and it was clear that she’s completely fine, while I have suffered through the worst 2 months of my life.

I think people who go through normal breakups can’t comprehend the grief that’s associated with loving a disordered person. You really have to grieve the loss of the person you loved and the loss of the life you hoped for, all while realizing it was an big fat lie and the person is doing just fine without you.

I’m trying to remind myself every day that I would rather be an empath and consequently suffer more than be someone lacking any real feelings or empathy. I believe she’s going to have a trail of failed relationships and lies, and I’m going to have meaningful and healthy relationships.

My heart goes out to you. I’m not at the point where it’s gotten better yet, but I believe it will with time and No Contact (starting over again since I met up with her last week). Just know that everyone here understands what you’re going through, and we’re here to support you along the way.

Send this to a friend