Dealing with a Sociopath: How to Survive the Antisocials, Narcissists and Psychopaths in Your Life
By Donna Andersen, author of Lovefraud.com
Dealing with a Sociopath explains how to interact with someone who lies, cheats, manipulates and exploits. If you have no choice but to engage with him or her, this book teaches you how to protect yourself.
Sociopaths, meaning people who could be diagnosed with antisocial, narcissistic, borderline, histrionic or psychopathic personality disorders, do not follow the rules of regular human interaction. These people can appear to be normal, but they live their lives by manipulating others. If you must interact with a sociopath, always be on high alert.
Dealing with a Sociopath tells you what to do. The content is presented in short, easy-to-read pieces, delivering useful nuggets of information and insight. Articles include:
- 10 mistakes to avoid when leaving a sociopath
- Dealing with sociopaths: Fight or flight?
- Sociopaths and their smear campaigns
- What NOT to do when you realize you’re involved with a sociopath
- How do you help someone snared by a sociopath?
- 20 issues to consider before taking a sociopath to court
- Do sociopaths return?
- Psychopaths as puppet masters
- How psychopathic parents affect children
- How messages we hear all our lives keep us vulnerable to sociopaths
This book is by Donna Andersen, author of Lovefraud.com, the premier website on how to recognize and recover from sociopaths. It is the third in the Best of the Lovefraud Blog series, following Understanding the Sociopath and Seduced by a Sociopath. Donna’s first book, Love Fraud, was awarded five stars by the Midwest Book Review.
Your best bet is to walk away from sociopaths. When you can’t, this book tells you what to do, and just as importantly, what NOT to do, about the manipulator in your life.