REGISTER | LOGIN

Joyce Brown- A relationship is the icing on the cake. it is not the cake

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sunnygal 4 months ago.

• Author

Sunnygal
    Participant

Sandra Brown had an article ‘remembering our roots: joyce brown’s influence on the pathological love relationship recovery process’. joyce was in a 25 year relationship with a narcissist, 10 year with a spath. at 60 she decided to get a life. she went to college, became an artist. at 70 she became a hospital chaplain and fed the poor very week. she says if you aren’t living a big enough life, any psychopath will do.

Sunnygal
    Participant

Good she found what worked for her.

Sunnygal
    Participant

Interesting article.

Sunnygal
    Participant

An alternative view.

Sunnygal
    Participant

Interesting solution.

Sunnygal
    Participant

she is an interesting gal.

jaybird
    Participant

I just read this article. It was very good! My take away was to fill my life with things I love, “live as big as your heart, live as big as your personality.”
    So, I need to get up out of my mental and emotional fetal position. It’s been long enough! It still hurts, that for sure. I am still struggling with no-contact. I don’t contact him, he calls me from a masked number, but I listen to the voicemails he leaves. And I still think about him.

Sunnygal
      Participant

jaybird-if you listen to his voicemail you are still in contact. best to only hear voicemail of people who are friends.

Sunnygal
    Participant

jaybird I think she has a good point. fill your life with the things you love. that is what she did.

zoe7
      Participant

I really enjoyed the article, Sunnygal. Thank you for mentioning it.

Sunnygal
    Participant

good to see another view.

summertimesadness
    Participant

Wow! I just read the article and it’s exactly what I needed to hear. It’s so true. If you fill your life with excitement and fun and do what makes you happy, you won’t look to the N/P/S for it. This is something I’ve been struggling with on this crazy journey but I have more good days than bad. 🙂 Thanks for posting this!

Sunnygal
    Participant

summertime glad it helped.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Send this to a friend