How to recognize and recover from the sociopaths – narcissists in your life › Forums › Sociopaths, narcissists, psychopaths as partners › Traits of psycopaths/Book Reccomendation
September 5, 2019 at 7:48 am #54097lunaParticipant
If you have the chance to get the book The Psychopath Test, by Jon Ronson, please do so.
It will take you inside the mind of madness and it will help you see that psycopath have NO CURE at all!
This you must repeat to yourself every day, until you are no longer tempeted to think you can save them, change them or help them.
It will only lead to one thing only, your self destruction.
As my therapist said to me in one session: “we have to keep in mind, that our sanity is limited and if we keep breaking ourselves, we will lose it in the end.”
The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are:
1. Glib and superficial charm
2. Grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
3. Need for stimulation
4. Pathological lying
5. Cunning and manipulativeness
6. Lack of remorse or guilt
7. Shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
8. Callousness and lack of empathy
9. Parasitic lifestyle
10. Poor behavioral controls
11. Sexual promiscuity
12. Early behavior problems
13. Lack of realistic long-term goals
16. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
17. Many short-term relationships
18. Juvenile delinquency
19. Revocation of conditional release
20. Criminal versatility
Pay attention to your partner history and DO NOT ignore the signs. Leave if he only has 3 from the list above, if more, start running…They will NEVER change.
My psycopath had all of these traits, i knew about it, as he was proudly sharing it with me….
I did not knew about this list or test, maybe i would have looked at it different, not thinking he is just a “lost soul with a hard life”.
Always put yourself first! Good luck!
September 5, 2019 at 3:16 pm #54104SunnygalParticipant
Good book and we need education.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.