Red Flags of Love Fraud
10 signs you’re dating a sociopath
At first, he or she seems to be perfect. But something is nagging at you. Something doesn’t seem quite right, but you can’t put your finger on what it is.
If your new romantic interest exhibits all or most of the following behaviors, be careful. He or she might be a sociopath.
1. Charisma and charm. They’re smooth talkers, always have an answer, never miss a beat. They seem to be very exciting.
2. Sudden soul mates. They figure out what you want, make themselves into that person, then tell you that your relationship was “meant to be.”
3. Sexual magnetism. If you feel intense attraction, if your physical relationship is unbelievable, it may be their excess testosterone.
4. Love bombing. You’re showered with attention and adoration. They want to be with you all the time. They call, text and e-mail constantly.
5. Blames others for everything. Nothing is ever their fault. They always have an excuse. Someone else causes their problems.
6. Lies and gaps in the story. You ask questions, and the answers are vague. They tell stupid lies. They tell outrageous lies. They lie when they’d make out better telling the truth.
7. Intense eye contact. Call it the predatory stare. If you get a chill down your spine when they look at you, pay attention.
8. Moves fast to hook up. It’s a whirlwind romance. They quickly proclaim their true love. They want to move in together or get married quickly.
9. Pity play. They appeal to your sympathy. They want you to feel sorry for their abusive childhood, psychotic ex, incurable disease or financial setbacks.
10. Jekyll and Hyde personality. One minute they love you; the next minute they hate you. Their personality changes like flipping a switch.
For more information, read the book by Donna Andersen: Red Flags of Lovefraud – 10 signs you’re dating a sociopath.